SERVICES WE OFFER:
When you need care and assistance during the day and the security of not being alone at night, we are here to help. Whether long or short term, 24 hour care services can provide safety and peace of mind to our clients. Our 24-hour caregivers provide one on one personal care, companionship and activities to enhance our client’s quality of life. They will provide light housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders and other services designed to give our clients a safe, secure and enriched life. They may also run errands, provide transportation and take our clients to appointments or outings. Our Care Managers will provide guidance and supervision to the live-in staff on a regular basis at no charge.
24 Hour Live-In Care Can Provide
- An alternative to nursing home placement
- Less time in the hospital
- One-on-one round-the-clock personalized care and attention
- Consistent, reliable help
Olalus feel it’s essential to find ways to ease the emotional frustrations that come with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia-related disorders. These difficulties don’t just affect the person living with the condition, but also the entire family. Trained caregivers bring families closer together so they all can support the person living with dementia. Olalus care staff finds ways to provide quality of life that our clients deserve because each of our clients are unique, our dementia-care program treats them uniquely.
Olalus Community Health Care Services provides Homemaker services to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions. Homemaker services assist clients who have experienced a loss in the ability to perform the instrumental activities in daily living to remain in a safe, clean and healthy home environment. Instrumental Activities of Daily Living refers to certain daily tasks (light housework, preparing meals, taking medications, shopping for groceries or clothes, using the telephone, and managing money), which enable clients to live independently in their community. Homemaker services include following: providing companionship, friendship and emotional support; reading essential material to illiterate clients; assisting clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence;
Companion care Olalus Community Health Care Services provides Companion/Sitter services to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions. Companion services shall be delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
- Companion/Sitter services shall only be assigned to those employees who have the necessary experience, skills, qualifications, certification or equivalent to meet the
- needs of the client. Where this is not possible, employees may be trained to perform the necessary tasks required for client care.
- Employees shall be able to communicate effectively with the client, using the client’s preferred method of communication.
- Employees and clients shall be informed of, and understand, the extent and limitations of services provided by the Agency.
- Services provided shall be in accordance with Worker’s Compensation regulations.
Home and Community Habilitation supports are available to people who wish to acquire, retain, and improve their socialization and adaptive skills necessary to live independently within the community.
Olalus Community Health Care Services provide support in learning how to improve daily living skills, develop relationships, gain access to community resources, and establish and achieve personal goals, and provide emotional support through problem solving and decision making. This service can be provided for people living by themselves or with family olalus provide such services in a manner that ensures the person’s health and welfare.
Common Areas of Support:
- Medical Support
- Health and Safety
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Financial Stability
- Household Maintenance
- Emotional Support
Respite Services are provided on a short-term basis because of the absence or need for relief of those persons normally providing the care.
Respite care offers:
- A Necessary Break for Caregivers
- Physical Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Possibilities for Caregivers to Work Outside of The Home
- Reduced Family Stress
- Reduced Instances of Marital Problems and Divorce
- Increased Opportunities for Family Gatherings and Participation in Community Events
- Cost Savings Due To Reduced Hospitalizations and Institutional Stays
- Reduced Risk of Neglect or Abuse of The Ailing, Aging or Disabled Individual
- Disabled Individuals
- Children Facing Developmental Delays
- Children with Physical or Mental Disabilities
- Adults with Intellectual Limitations
- Individuals with Acute or Chronic Illnesses
Olalus Community Health Care Services provides Personal Care services to clients, who have experienced a loss in their ability to perform the activities of daily living, to remain in a safe, clean and healthy home environment.
Personal Care services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- assisting with eating,
- assisting with bathing
- assisting/providing grooming;
- assisting with bowel regularity
- assisting with transfers
- assisting with self-administered medication,
- assisting with dressing including putting on support stockings, which do not require a physician’s prescription;
Olalus Community Health Care Services provides Chore services to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions.
Chore services include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- doing heavy cleaning (washing walls, windows, stoves and woodwork);
- cleaning closets, basements and attics to remove fire and health hazards;
- cleaning/shampooing and securing rugs and carpets;
- spraying for insects within the home with over-the-counter supplies;
- providing rodent control within the home (i.e., setting traps);
- replacing light bulbs, fuses, electrical plugs, and frayed cords;
- replacing door locks and window catches;
- replacing faucets or faucet washers;
- installing screens and storm windows;
- installing weather stripping around doors;
- conducting outside maintenance including:
Chore services shall only be assigned to those employees who have the necessary skills, qualifications, certification, or equivalent to meet the needs of the client. Where this is not possible, employees may be trained to perform the necessary tasks required for client care.
In Home Assessments
Assessments by Licensed Nurses are conducted to find clients’ functioning capabilities, to identify their needs, and to determine what services are needed.
Who can obtain services?
Our services are available to private citizens and a wide range of agencies, institutes, corporations, groups, and all-levels of government.
How can I arrange for services?
Office Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Voice Mail is in place 24 hours a day and checked regularly in order that we can give prompt attention to requests for immediate assistance.
|Mailing Address||320 Macdade Blvd., Suite 103
Collingdale, PA 19023
An Olalus Community Health Care Services Representative will respond to any questions and provide additional information about our services and in-home assessments. If service is requested, it can be arranged for at the time of inquiry or following an in-home assessment.